Subject area: physical science, environment
Kind of studies: full-time studies
Graduates of Master’s degree program in Ecology and Evolution can continue their career internationally. Thanks to this program they acquire competences that help them to:
- Gain broad understanding of applied ecological and evolutionary principles;
- Become an effective scientist able to set up experiments and research (including field research/work) using appropriate and modern methods, analyze obtained results, write scientific papers and reports and prepare their spoken or graphic presentations;
- Contribute to management of natural resources and sustainable development through legislation and learned communication skills;
- Apply learned ecological concepts to solve existing environmental problems;
- Develop skills such as critical thinking and writing argumentative essays, reports, projects, etc. supported by strong evidence;
- Develop problem-solving skills and gain competence and social skills by working and learning in an interdisciplinary environment.
Graduates from Master’s degree studies in Ecology and Evolution can find employment either in public or private sectors anywhere in the world. Possible careers include becoming a consultant, project manager, field or lab technician, nature conservation biologist, supervisor working for: state administration, governmental, non-governmental and private organizations and foundations related to nature and environment. The graduates meet the academic requirements for admission to PhD studies.